The Thirty-Ninth Quadrennial Session and the Fortieth General Conference of the Christian Methodist Episcopal Church will convene June 25-July 1, 2022 at the Duke Energy Center in Cincinnati, Ohio. Bishop Marvin Frank Thomas, Sr. along with the Second Episcopal District will host the General Conference.
General information and everything you need to know about the 2022 General Conference is available at the General Conference Web site and the official CME Web site. Visit online to view information about registration for guests and visitors, hotels, the Schedule, discounted airfare rates, ground transportation, vendors, scooter rentals, and much more.
View the General Conference Programme and Schedule here. Download the Information Sheet here.
Smartphones are welcomed at the General Conference and will be a method to connect and engage with the delegates and alternates using text messaging and other alert notifications.
Official announcements, news and updates from the General Conference will be posted at the official CME Web site, the CME Facebook page, the CMEChurch app, Twitter (#CMEGC22 and #IAMCME) and e-mailed to connectional members and friends via CME Church Communications.
Live Streaming Sessions of the General Conference
The following sessions will be live streamed by CMEtv on the CME Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/thecmechurch)
The Official Opening and Service of Holy Communion (Saturday, June 25, 9:00-11:00 AM ET)
Reading of the Episcopal Address (Saturday, June 25, 3:00 PM ET)
Sunday Morning Worship Service (Sunday, June 26, 9:00-11:30 AM ET)
The Memorial Service (Monday, June 27, 9:00-10:00 AM ET)
The Service of Retirement (Tuesday, June 28, 9:00-10:15 AM ET)
The Ecumenical Worship Service (Wednesday, June 29, 9:00-11:00 AM ET)
The Service of Investiture for the Judicial Council and the General Officers (Thursday, June 30, 7:00-9:00 PM ET)
The Service of Installation of the Chair of the College of Bishops (Friday, July 1, 9:00-10:00 AM ET)
The Service of Consecration and Commissioning (Friday, July 1, 12:00-1:30 PM ET)
CME CHURCH GENERAL CONFERENCE SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY
The Christian Methodist Episcopal (CME) Church permits and encourages the use of social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and blogging at the 2022 General Conference to summarize, highlight, and promote the exhibitors and conference in general. Due to the sensitive nature of the deliberations at the 2022 General Conference, we request that attendees do not stream or record the Business Sessions (including the election).
We encourage participants at the General Conference to:
– Like us on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/thecmechurch)
– Like us on the General Conference Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/CMEGC22
– Follow us on Twitter (https://twitter.com/cmechurch)
– Subscribe to the CME YouTube Channel: (https://www.youtube.com/CMEChurch)
– Use the hashtags #CMEGC22 and #IAMCME on all social media posts. Join in the conversation on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat using #CMEGC22 and #IAMCME.
Please post using these hashtags when you are traveling to and from the General Conference and taking selfies, pictures of friends, leadership and fellow CME’s! During the General Conference, please post about the activities and events using these hashtags, too.
– Blog, post, and tweet about the Worship Services and Special Events
– Use the CMECHURCH app to stay informed during the General Conference Get up to date information, room locations, alert notifications and much more on the CMEChurch app. Before you arrive to General Conference, please download the CMEChurch app through your mobile device’s play store – search for CMEChurch.
– The CME Social Media team will post to the CME Facebook page and Twitter (#CMEGC22 and #IAMCME) and this information will be shared with the CME General Conference Facebook page.
The General Conference is a religious meeting and comments, expressions, and other postings on social media referring to the meeting on official CME pages or using the official hashtag should be honest and respectful of others in keeping with the Christian nature of the CME Church. We reserve the right to delete or report posts that are deemed inappropriate or offensive.