Dr. Leo General Secretary, Ministry to Men
The Department of Ministry to Men is responsible for developing and promoting throughout the church an effective Christian ministry to by men. The General Secretary is Dr. Leo Pinkett. The purpose of this department to the following:
§1. In the name of Jesus Christ help the C.M.E. Church minister to the needs and concerns of men in the church and communities in which the church is located.
§2. In wholistic ways address the chronic and systemic problems perpetrated upon African American men by unjust, racist and unequal social, economic and political conditions.
§3. In light of the Bible as God’s Word, provide guidance, hope and inspiration to men to become more sensitive to God’s will for their lives, better members of the church, and more responsible fathers, husbands and participants in the life of the community.
The Department of Ministry of Men shall provide programs, strategies, curricula and resource that shall include emphases such as the following:
§1. Systematic study of the Bible as the inspired Word of God.
§2. Effective worship through participation and study.
§3. Opportunities of Christian fellowship of men with other men.
§4. Service projects within the church and community.
§5. Bonding with other men in Jesus Christ.
§6. Mutual support groups to meet the varied challenges of life.
§7. Developing leadership potential.
§8. Facing issues of male health and wholeness.
§9. Responsible stewardship, personal finances and use of credit.
§10. Community and political involvement and participation.
§11. Mentoring & tutoring boys.
§12. Transitioning boys to men.
§13. Legacy and heritage appreciation.
§14. Growth in understanding and appreciation for CME church.
Official site for "The Male Investment Plan" www.blackmethodistunited.org
Online Publications and Resources
- Investing in Effective Discipleship
- Mentoring Black Males in the 21st Century
- Rites of Passage Ritual
- Black America 2010: The State We're In
- Boys to Men Article (Jill Scott)
- Good Steward of Time by Mr. Phillip Hill
- Making a Change by Being Good Stewards of Our Homes by Mr. Jesse Gill, III
- Making a Change by Being Good Stewards of Our Churches by Mr. Ralston B. Simmons, Sr.
- "Defeminizing The Church" Part 1 Part 2 by Mr. Reginald Williamson MTM Coordinator of the West GA Region
- Living Up to Your Potential: Closing the Digital Divide Through Faith - PDF format
- Eight Steps to Start an Outreach Ministry - PDF format
- Ministry to Males Presentation by Dr. Robert L. Robbins, Sr. - PowerPoint Presentation
- The Education of the Black Male Student by Mr. Curtis L. Jones - PowerPoint Presentation
- Leadership Qualities: PowerPoint Presentation
- Emergency Telephone Numbers: Word format PDF format